The story of Purcell Construction Corp. began in 1922 when Roland Deline started Deline Construction with little more than a pickup truck and a wheelbarrow. Starting as a plastering contractor, Deline Construction grew steadily over the years and during the Second World War was instrumental in the construction of Pine Camp, now Fort Drum.
When the company was purchased by Robert Purcell and Edward Colligan in 1963 it had grown to be one of the leading general contractors in Northern New York. Many banks, churches, and other institutional structures constructed during this period still dot the landscape of the community, in testimony to that part of our history.
When the name was changed to Purcell Construction Corp. in 1973 the company had diversified. In addition to continuing its tradition as an institutional builder, it had become a leader in multi-family housing in Northern New York.
Upon Robert Purcell’s death in 1986 the leadership of the company passed to his son, Mark Purcell. Over the past several decades Purcell Construction has experienced significant growth and has evolved from being a strong local general contractor into one of the nation’s leading design-build firms.
As part of that evolution a Mid-Atlantic office was established in 2003 to take advantages of opportunties in the federal market. Given Purcell’s ability to adapt and willingness to expand, the company has seen success in the completion of many large projects at Fort Eustis and Fort Lee and in the private sector.
For over 50 years, Purcell Construction has been characterized by our ability to deliver quality workmanship from design to completion.